4.24.2012

knocking on your door


I still have the feeling that something good is going to happen.
No I haven't been asked to prom yet {may 5} and I most likely won't.
I picked out my dress just in case though. Its yellow. like a canary.
If I was skinnier I'd have a date.
If I was ditzier I'd have a date.
If I was wittier I'd have a date.
If I prettier I'd hav a date.
I realized though, that its not my fault.
I am beautiful enough, smart enough, nice enough.
And so are you.
The right boy for me won't care that I love to sing music from the 60's at the top of my lungs.
He won't judge me on the clothes that I wear to school.

{best friend works}
He'll be proud to call me his.
I'm holding out for a hero till the end of the night.
I won't settle.
I know that I could have a boyfriend if I lowered my standards of boy's.
But I won't.
I want him to be nice to not just me, but everyone he meets.
I want a boy who is ambitious and knows that he  wants to go somewhere in his life.
He doesn't have to know what, but he is working hard anyway.
When I was flying home from Texas, I was looking at the cars that look the size of ants.
 I realized that my future soul mate could very well be in one of those cars right then.
Don't think that its your fault that you didn't get asked to prom.
Because its a stupid dance.
And despite not getting asked you WILL still get married.
Don't think you'll end up being a lonely crazy old cat lady.
There's hope.
Highschool boy's are seriously immature.
We really don't know who we are yet.
When the time is right, that boy will come a-knocking.
It might not be soon.
It might be months, or years in fact.
You just have to learn in those years.
Learn what things make you happy.
What things make you sad.
Dream and learn.
So I know you're lonely, but don't be.
Someone will come along who is so amazing and nice and sweet and handsome.
He'll make you forget about any other boy that broke your heart.
He will love you .
Remember patience is a virtue.
Hold out for a hero.




{sweetdreams. Day dreams and night dreams alike}

No comments:

Post a Comment