1.30.2012

Pretty



I don't know how much you pay attention to me, but I love to wear dresses and skirts. I love high heels. I love waking up and curling my hair. I love wearing my eyeliner in a cat eye. I love red lipstick {NARS heatwave}. I love rosy cheeks. I love long eyelashes. I love drinking tea with honey. I love feeling PRETTY. Not hot. Not sexy. Once upon a time woman dressed to look innocence. Because innocence is a virtue. When did pretty become out of date? I would love to be told that I look stunning. I would love to be told I'm gorgeous.

I would love to be told I'm beautiful. I don't want someone to notice my boobs or my butt. I want a guy to notice my personality. I don't get pretty for the world. I get pretty for me. I  am more confidant if I get dressed up. I work harder. I strive to be better. I feel more compassionate and motherly. I just feel flowey like  I can shine. I can rule the world in a dress. I can overcome anything. I can deal with people being mean to me. I am a WOMAN.  Woman are STRONG. I dare you to wear a dress once this week. Just because. Not for anyone or church. Wear a dress for you. Don't be told you're less because you're a woman. You are beautiful and perfect the way you are. Don't rely on your looks to get through life. Prove the stereotypes wrong. Quit looking at other girls and wishing you were them. Because I am certain she is looking at some other girl wishing she was her. Be happy with your pretty self. Because thats what you are, Pretty.
{Peace. Love. And Granola Bars}

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Clara,
    I love you. In all honesty, all I want to do every day is wear bright red lipstick and skirts. You INSPIRE me!!!
    I think tomorrow...I'm going to finally get up the courage to do so :)

    ReplyDelete